Often than not, I talked about how bad management can get but one must not neglect the feelings of your boss, after all your boss is also a human. I can be hurt as well. I don’t just think that you are robots hired to do my bidding and I don’t take you as slaves but as empowered individuals with potential to grow more and further. Let me share 20 things you can do to hurt your boss.. If your boss is somewhat decent, you never want to resort to below means…
1. You talked maliciously behind or even in front of your boss
(While we understand everyone tends to bitch about their bosses every now and then, to have malicious intent to hurt is plain evil.)
2. You throw your boss under the bus after he or she tried their best to defend you.
3. You refuse to admit your mistake even though deep down, you knew you’re wrong. It’s the ego talking.
4. You accepted another role in another department without giving your boss enough heads up.
5. You rather choose to make the wrong decision than to ask your boss for guidance.
6. You gang up with the rest of the team to boycott any decision your boss made.
7. Instead of questioning your boss’s decision aside, you choose to stand up in the middle of meeting and brusquely challenge him or her.
8. Against your best judgment and your boss’s warning, you still choose to do what you did.
9. You betray your boss by revealing to other colleagues what he said to you in confidence.
10. You judge your boss based on his or her private life and not on his performance or her decisions
11. You plotted against your boss in order to make him or her look bad in front of others
12. You spread untruths about him or her to other colleagues
The thing is that your boss might be the most evil person you ever worked with (or even known), you don’t have to play tit for tat and sabotage his and perhaps your career. I believe work represent someone’s character so let his sloppy work and unfair policies speak volumes about his leadership. Meanwhile, look for a new job…
Share with us your grudges with your current or former bosses and scout’s honor, we’ll never tell.