About Kally

IMG_7888Hello, I’m Kally.

Welcome to MiddleMe!

Corporate Background
I have worked in various industries such as education, healthcare, retail, advertising, IT, telecommunications and e-commerce specialising in sales, customer service, and project management and operations for both SME and MNC. I have been a manager since 2003, leading different sizes of teams coming from countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mongolia.

Freelancing
From a solid corporate background, I have successfully migrated to online entrepreneurship. Taking on various projects and assisting start-ups, I have created a strong profile as a writer and a recruiter. I started out freelancing in 2015, and I love the freedom that comes with it. Now, I am coaching new freelancers to become more successful than I am!

Volunteer Work
Serving my time as a volunteer writer and as a playgroup representative at Ibu Family Resource Group since 2017 allows me to give back to society. We are a non-profit organisation that runs purely by volunteers for parents with young children.

My Whereabouts
I used to be based in Singapore until I relocated to Shanghai in 2013 due to work commitments. Currently, I am happily located in Kuala Lumpur while shuttling my time between Singapore and Malaysia.

Personally
I am a Cancerian, but I don’t think I am a homely person. A proud mother to 3 beautiful cats, and to a little girl who inspires me to write every day and to learn from every moment.

New Challenge
I am currently writing a book about freelancing, in hopes that my experience will help others find their passion and reach their dreams without financial worries. Sign up at my website today to be updated on my book’s completion date!

Wish to know more about me? You are welcome to drop me an email at kally@middleme.net  or you can connect with me at my LinkedIn account: linkedin.com/in/kallytay

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy MiddleMe and find it beneficial to you.

Thank you.

1. Kash Pals says:

You have an interesting, informative and very positive blog. I would not have discovered such a lovely blog, had you not visited mine.Thank you for stopping by my blog. 🙂

Liked by 3 people

1. Kally says:

Thank you for dropping by my website and leaving me such a beautiful comment!! 👍🏻

2. I look up to people with diverse interests and work backgrounds. You certainly have both. Glad to have visited your site.

Liked by 4 people

1. Kally says:

Thank you, Sonyboy! I just pop by your site too!! Love the photos that you have taken!

1. My pleasure, Kally. It feels good to stumble upon new personalities on the blogosphere from time o time. Cheers!

1. Ullas says:

I just pop in here. I read about you. Really appreciated. Will come again …..

Liked by 4 people

3. Very very interesting person, brain and blog. How could I not follow them?

Liked by 3 people

1. Kally says:

Thank you for your support, Joseph! And welcome to MiddleMe.

4. Titik Asa says:

Hi Kally,
    It’s nice to meet you via your blog.
    Best regards from me in Sukabumi, West Java, Indonesia

Liked by 4 people

1. Kally says:

Nice to meet you too, Titik!! Hope you’re having a great week.

5. Welcome to Kuala Lumpur! 🙂

Liked by 3 people

1. Kally says:

Haha. I’ve been here for 2 years but thank you!!

6. Kazi Mustakim says:

Hi Kally,
    It’s really nice to meet you here through your blog….

~ Kazi

Liked by 2 people

1. Kally says:

Thank you, Kazi! Great meeting you here as well.

7. Hi Kally,

Nice to be here reading many useful advices and tips here in your blog.
    A friendship greeting from me in Dompu, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia

8. equinoxio21 says:

You’re in KL now? Hmmm. I’m going to Asia in December, but I’m afraid KL is not on the list. Singapore is. What would your top 3 recommendations in Singapore be?
    🙂

1. Kally says:

You are traveling alone or with family? My general top 3 recommendations are Gardens by the bay (at night), Night Safari and Sentosa. You can spend the whole day at Sentosa, there’s every activity for everyone. But what you must do is to binge on food, we are known very much as a food paradise.

1. equinoxio21 says:

My wife, Daughter #1 and husband and 1.5 year old son, and we will reunite with Daughter #2 who’s been traveling in Asia for a few months. We all miss her. Thanks for the rec. And I look forward to the food. (I spent some time in Cambodia and Vietnam as a child, and love Asian cuisine)

1. Kally says:

Your children will love night Safari. And Sentosa has universal studio as well. Both places have comprehensive official websites so you get the info you need. Do watch out for mossie. So you might want to bring any mossie spray along to night safari. Our public transport like the Mrt train and buses are stroller friendly so are these places so you can haul your stroller along and not have to take a cab. That will save you some money. I’ll say shopping is expensive in Singapore so I’ll save the shopping for the wife in other Asian countries.

1. equinoxio21 says:

“Mossie”? Mosquitos? 🙂 Our daughters are all grow-up (34 and 36) the baby one is the grandson. 18 months. The Mrt train/bus is a very good tip. Xie xie or Terima kasih, whatever applies. 🙂
            (I imagine you speak Hokkien?)

2. Kally says:

Yeah, mossie = mosquitos. Another baby tip since I’m a mummy myself. All the shopping malls are equipped with baby room where she can change his diapers if necessary. 😉 Just pop by here whenever you have a question. I just heard that Gardens By The Bay is having Christmas Market with lights and carols if you happened to be in Singapore during this month.

Liked by 2 people

3. equinoxio21 says:

You are a “mummy”? Congrats. How many and how old?

4. Kally says:

Thank you!! One 11 months old diva. Lol.

2. Kally says:

And oh, go with Bermudas t-shirts and slippers, you’ll be fine. Except for top notch restaurants, nobody will bat an eyelid if you dress like you are going to the beach. Haha.

1. equinoxio21 says:

I thought as much. (I will bring a pair of trousers and shoes just in case) 😉

1. Kally says:

There are some pretty interesting places you might not have heard of. You can read it here: https://ladyredot.com/2017/09/30/10-unique-things-to-do-in-singapore-that-some-singaporeans-might-never-have-been-to/ and we are one of the countries with Michelin starred food places that are not restaurant based so it will not break the wallet: https://ladyredot.com/2017/08/12/2017-list-of-michelin-food-places-in-singapore/

1. equinoxio21 says:

You, my dear Kally, are absolutely lovely! Thank you so much for your advice. (The Peranakan house and Tiger balm gardens caught my eye)

2. Kally says:

You’re most welcome. Singapore may be a tiny island but we are packed with goodies!!!

3. equinoxio21 says:

I’m quite excited at the thought of visiting. There is also a particular street I have to go to. Named after my great-uncle. 🙂

4. Kally says:

Oooo… what street is that??

9. It’s so lovely to meet you, Kally. Thanks so much for connecting with me! I look forward to reading your posts and I’m about to do so 🙂

1. Kally says:

It’s the same for me!! Wonderful isn’t it that we bump into each other in the blogosphere. 🙂

10. All the best for 2018!

1. Kally says:

Thank you, Graham! Happy 2018!!

11. gaillovesgod says:

Nice to meet you Kally! God loves you!

1. Kally says:

It’s pleasure to meet you too!! Godspeed.

12. Hello Kally,It’s nice to meet you through your blog.I send you a flower 💐💐
    from my beautiful city Tienen https://groetenuittienen.blog/ in Belgium
    Sincerely
    Theo 😊

1. Kally says:

Sorry that your comment went into my Spam folder but you absolutely a darling to send me a flower. Thank you, Theo, you just made my day!!

13. duskalert says:

Hey Kally.!
    I just read your about page. Pleased to knowyou.😊
    You left a like on my post.😊 (can’t clearly remember which one😛) So I came here and am looking forward to explore your blog more.😊

Please feel free to visit my blog.Thanku in advance.💞

Blessings.🌸
    Xoxoxo.💖
    Jannat

1. Kally says:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, Jannat! Pleased to meet you as well. Going to pop over to your blog right now for your awesome posts.

1. duskalert says:

Aww.😚 thenkew so somuch.!
        I’m grateful.
        You’re such a sweet person.!
        Xoxoxo.💖

1. Kally says:

Thank you for this sweet comment. You made me smile. 🙂

1. duskalert says:

Aww.😚
            Pleasure!
            Xoxoxo.💖

14. Monch Weller says:

Hello there, thank you for following The Monching’s Guide! 🙂

1. Kally says:

Thank you for leaving me a comment, Monch!

15. badfinger20 says:

I’m an IT Director for a large company that is ran like a mom and pop shop…it’s challenging to say the least… Great blog…I’ll be checking it out. Any resource helps. Thanks for stopping by my blog…my pop culture blog doesn’t help too much in the real world…

1. Kally says:

But your pop culture blog brings joy to those who are reading it. Welcome to MiddleMe!

16. da-AL says:

many congrats on getting onto ‘Discover’ recommendation, Kally! Any tips for how to get them to feature mine?

1. Kally says:

Wow! Eh… I didn’t know I am on ‘Discover’ until you tell me. No wonder I’m having a surge in my stats.

Thank you for telling me otherwise I would still been scratching my head. Lol.

1. da-AL says:

🙂 just curious – how big a surge in stats?

17. Rizqi Fahma says:

Came here from WP Discovery. Just read couple of your posts, and now I am following your blog.
    Cheers! 🙂

1. Kally says:

Thank you, Rizqi!! I have followed you back too.

18. Philip says:

Interesting blog. I have hired many freelancers from Upwork for Justlearn.

1. Kally says:

That’s great, Philip! Welcome to MiddleMe!

You’re most welcome

1. Kally says:

Thank you for nominating me!! You’re awesome!

1. Kally says:

Thank you very much. TGIF!

1. Kally says:

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for featuring me.

19. Margaret says:

Hi Kally,
    Nice to meet you here and thank you so much for visiting my blog.
    Earlier this week I decided to have a temporary ‘blogging break’ and will be posting a blog to that effect.
    Hope all is well with you 🙂

1. Kally says:

Hello Margaret! Nice to meet you here too! It’s always good to have a break to regroup your thoughts and take some time off. I hope to see you posting new articles soon. Take care!

1. Margaret says:

20. edgarone2 says:

Wonderful to know you.

1. Kally says:

The pleasure is the same. Welcome to MiddleMe!

21. A three Cat Momma, you should post some pictures of those. But like the website, going to follow you to see what you have to offer, even though I will be retiring soon. Work advice relates to life advice and I still have a lot of that to live!

1. Kally says:

Actually I did post a few photos of them in 2016. I managed to dig the post up: https://middleme.net/2016/09/14/long-over-due-updates/

1. Oh how cool both a kitty mamma, and a human momma! So a 2 5year old, that the super job!

1. Kally says:

It is a crazy job indeed! But I wouldn’t exchange my life with anything else in the world!

1. Me too, love it more than anything, and even though my kids are grown, I’m learning, they still need you. Which I love!

2. Oh that’s great and I see that you’re also a baby mama should be about 2 and 1/2 years old on your baby congratulations late

1. Kally says:

Yup! The little princess is 2.5 years old now and she has to fight my attention with all my 3 cats. Haha!

1. Ha, my girls would have loved three cats, like in the movie Aristocrats, the three kittens- they still love that movie… now we have two cats. But kitties and kids go together ♥️

2. Kally says:

I agree totally that cats and kids goes well together. I had my 3 cats before I had my little diva so they are older than her. The oldest cat actually helps to “babysit” or keep an eye on her whenever I am in the kitchen. He will headbutt her or gently nip her at her hand if she is naughty doing something she shouldn’t.

Liked by 2 people

3. That is so funny I was picturing a babysitting cat

4. Kally says:

You mean a cat sitting on a baby?? Haha!

22. simplymesmc says:

You are GOAL!!
    I’ve been in Training industry and now transitioned to Project Management. I dream of working freelance too.

1. Kally says:

Thank you so much. I wish all the best in your new role and perhaps fulfilling your dream as a freelancer one day!

23. @didiluce says:

Congratulations, truly remarkable! 👍

1. Kally says:

Thank you! And welcome to MiddleMe!

24. Shaheshal, Crazy ideas with crazy fun😜! says:

hey kally!!! I’ve been to Kuala Lumpur too!!! Nice blog you got there!!! Do follow me!!!!!!!!!

Liked by 2 people

Thank you, Shaheshal!

1. Shaheshal, Crazy ideas with crazy fun😜! says:

No problem kally!!!

25. Ravisingh says:

You have a very impressive background,Kally! I find we have a lot of commonality- like we both hv Corporate Background at senior managerial level,Sales background among others, People friendly, Free Lancer, hv integrity and honesty, Helping attitude etc etc…Its a beautiful feeling to now know you in greater detail and more so about common things we have. Yes we both are Authors.
    Lets be now a friend for ever!

Liked by 2 people

1. Kally says:

Thank you for your friendship, Ravi Singh! I treasure it truly.

2. Ravisingh says:

Thank you for accepting my friendship.Its so cool.
      If there are any Projects where we can work together,i will welcome it from your side.
      Have a good day and good morning,Kally!

Liked by 2 people

26. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I appreciate your positive outlook. All best, Catherine

Liked by 2 people

1. Kally says:

Your most welcome, Catherine and welcome to MiddleMe!

27. kevin cooper says:

Good luck with the book, Kally. 🙂

1. Kally says:

Thank you so much, Kevin. I’m still knee deep in it.

28. darellphilip says:

Kally, you have an awesome blog here where you are giving of your time, expertise and experience to others. Such selfless endeavours often go unnoticed and unrewarded but not this time! In fact, I appreciate your work so much that I have nominated you for the Vincent Ehindero Blogging Award, please see my latest blog post for details. I look forward to reading your response to my questions upon acceptance of the award! Congratulations! 😀

1. Kally says:

Thank you so much for your award, Darell. You’re awesome. And welcome to MiddleMe!

1. darellphilip says:

Your welcome Kally and i’m glad to follow your blog!

29. Great ! you are a professional .

1. Kally says:

Thank you. Hope you are doing well during this pandemic.

1. Thank you so much and you too

30. | Purvasha | says:

Love your vibe!

1. Kally says:

Thank you! Love yours too. Have an awesome weekend!

31. Mariana Gouveia says:

Muito prazer, Kally! Comecei a te seguir no Instagram.
    Bem vinda em minha página e meu blog! Abraço

You’re most welcome, Mariana! I will go to your blog soon. Abraço

32. Evin says:

Hello Kally! It’s great to have discovered your blog ✌️ I just followed!!

If you don’t mind, I have a small request, it would be amazing if you could check out my blog and maybe follow😉
    -Evin

1. Kally says:

Thank you and of course, I will follow back.

1. Evin says:

You’re welcome 😊
        Thank you! ✨

33. By the way, you have a very nice face, Kally!

1. Kally says:

Awww… thanks a lot, Peter.

34. Your blog is very inspirational and should help many people in many different ways!

1. Kally says:

Thank you so much, Mary for your encouragement. Welcome to MiddleMe!