Oh how you slept like an Angel on my arm
Away from troubles, away from harm
With a soul so innocent and so pure
And a smile so sweet and demure
Charming everyone’s heart
I fell in love with you right from the start
You are forever mine to keep
No mountain too high and no sea too deep
I’ll do anything to keep you happy and sound
By nature and motherhood I am bound
Because deep down in my gut
I know I love you no matter what
Finally, the long awaited good news from me. Please allow me to introduce my second princess, Amelia.
Amelia Earhart is the inspiration behind her name. I have always admire strong courageous females who sacrifice comfort in life to pursue their dreams and passion relentlessly despite the societal norms. Like her sister Audrey (inspired after Audrey Hepburn), we want both girls to grow up gracious, strong, noble, passionate, kind and not afraid to reach for the stars.
She decided to go against Mummy’s wish for a January child and made an unexpected arrival on New Year’s Eve. I can feel it in my bones, this little one is going to be a rebel in life, just like her sister.
As always with my epic experiences, this little one made me go through the entire full labour journey: induction, epidural and at the last moment, my obgyn made an important decision to wheel me into the operating theater to have General Anesthesia caesarean. What was suppose to be an easy natural birth turned into a traumatic and complicated labour as she unexpectedly gone into a rare unanticipated face presentation. This occurs when the baby’s face presents first through the birth canal.
All is over now and I am on the road to full recovery. I am grateful for the professional medical care I received in the hospital. After a month in *confinement centre, we are back home. I am grateful that my little girl is safely sleeping peacefully in my arms.
*A confinement centre is where postnatal mothers and their newborn spend their next 28 days. The mother will rest and recuperate while the newborn is taken care by professionals like nannies and nurses.
Some interesting facts about 1 month old Amelia
- I am a New Year Eve baby
- I am 3.8kg
- 51cm tall or long
- I may look like a carbon copy of my sister but oh boy, I’m so different on the inside.
- I love baths (gonna be a water baby)
- I hate the heat. The colder, the better.
- Thus my nickname by the nurses in the confinement centre: Winter Sonata Baby.
- I also sweat easily like as if I am running a marathon on the hottest summer month.
- I like to pretend I am still in mummy’s womb so I demand to be carried 24/7.
- I secretly enjoy bullying daddy.
- I sleep longer to white noise in tight swaddles.
- I got a pair of strong legs. I can stomp your face with my foot and make you wince.
- Last but not least, I’ve got special powers. I can smell the differences between mummy, daddy and sister.
Thank you so much for all your well wishes, blessings, hugs and love. Her arrival is an awesome way to kickstart a brand new year. Our family is completed and contented.